Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oklahoma/Kansas

Well we are finally back home after a short but long trip. We left on Wednesday about 4 in the afternoon since Jon couldn't seem to break away from work any earlier. We were headed to Broken Arrow, OK. I have 2 aunts and an uncle that live in the Tulsa area and Jon has one aunt that lives there, so we were going to break up the haul to Kansas by stopping in OK to spend the night and see family that morning before heading to KS. We arrived about 11 and Cooper was still awake, I don't know why, and was full of himself. I guess being able to sleep in a hotel is very exciting when you are 3! Finally about midnight we all got settled and in bed. Thursday morning we met Aunt Julie, Jon's aunt, for breakfast and had a great time visiting with her a Ralph. Then on to Aunt Cindy's, my aunt, to visit with her, Ford, and Isabella. Of course after that we had to go to the mall for Mom to buy her OU stuff. Then around nap time we headed to KS. It was a short trek which was very nice and we arrived there that evening. I love being with all of my Grandma, aunts and cousins. Cooper and Colton go to meet there cousins for the first time and they both had a blast. Grandma Lawyer is turning 90 on the 29th of July so her entire family was there to celebrate. What a great life she has had. Our pastor talked about family this morning and after being there with my whole family made me think of what a great legacy my Grandma is leaving, everyone there a Christian and she is an amazing woman! I wish we lived closer. We did everything from playing cards, darts, pool, playing basketball out in the rain, eating Grandma's pies, which are incredible, and just had an awesome time with everyone. I hope its not another 4 years before we do that again! Well we left about 9:30am on Saturday to drive the whole way home. We stopped to eat with my Aunt Carolyn, my Mom's youngest sister, and 2 of her children in OK and then continued home. We ended up in our driveway about 10:45 Saturday night. VERY LONG day but the boys were great in the car and we all had a great time. Now Jon and I leave on Friday to head to Camp Linden for Kidz Kamp!

1 comment:

Stephanie Perdue said...

We are glad you are back. Especially Jake...