Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Walking...




COLTON IS WALKING!!!!!! I cannot believe I just wrote that! :) My precious baby boy has not wanted to walk for me for a while. He has been pushing and riding his truck but would never let go and walk on his own. After going to the Ear Doctor and learning that he needs tubes I thought that after he got them he would walk. Well today we went for his 15 month checkup and he was just standing in the lobby when his favorite nurse came out and called for Colton, she said Come here....and he did!!!!!!!!!!!! He just walked right over to her, like 5 steps. I was shocked! He has NEVER done that for me or Jon. Jon could be 1 step away and he would get down and crawl. What a stinker! So for the rest of the day you set him down and he just takes off walking. His max is like 6 steps and they said after his surgery on the 25th his balance will be alot better but for now he is walking as well as he can and I am so proud!!! We picked Cooper up from Parents Day Out and Jon told him that Colt was walking now and he asked, "Can he talk too?" How funny! There isn't a button we push to just make them do these things but Coop smiles so big when Colt just comes walking right too him!

On a side note...my birthday is on Friday and I can't wait!!! I love my birthday and it's the 1st day of spring! My favorite time of the year! They weather is georgous and we are getting to play outside.

P.S. Cooper had his first soccer practice last night. I will post more on that later.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yay Colton!! Happy early birthday!

Stephanie Perdue said...

He did it before your birthday and before vacation. Now he will be running on vacation and you will have to chase him instead of lounging in the sun reading a Karen Kingsbury book. LOL!

Anonymous said...

WooHOO! I was so PROUDDDDDDDDD of him last night when he took a few steps without plopping down and crawling. He will be running around Cooper and the dogs soon! Are you prepared for all this!

Happy Early Birthday!

Philip said...

Nice to see you guys last night, and to see the boys both getting older by the minute. Cooper is about to get to big for me play football with!

Ben and Audrey said...

that little colt is too cute!! i love his little smile! your blog is really cute! i just updated mine and gave it a new look. i'm going to post pics from our vacation soon! how are your boys?! maybe we can get together soon! maybe take the kiddos to the zoo!