Monday, April 20, 2009

Training

After I had my 25th birthday and Stephanie had her 30th birthday we started running together. She has wanted to run a 10k when she turned 30 so I told her that I would love to train with her and we could do it together. We a month into it and we are running 3.5 miles 4 days a week! I am very proud of our progress. When we started we could run for 5 minutes and walk for 2 minutes. Its amazing to see how well we have progressed in a month. We are running our first race on Friday night. We are running a 5k which is 3.1 miles so we should be able to do that no problem. Our goal is the 10k that is 6.3 miles. I am running my 10k on June 27th. I am excited about this and will be feeling good when I can go out and run 6 miles and enjoy it!! I have loved getting back into running and it makes me feel so good! I will be sure to post pics of the race on Friday!! It is going to be 80 degrees and that is the hottest that we have ever run in. We run at 6:30 in the morning and this race is at 6:30pm so it will probably be a challenge. I am excited!! Just wanted to update you on whats going on here.

FYI - We will be on the beach 4 weeks from now!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I am really impressed! Way to go, friend. And, I cannot get over your boys!