Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breakfast Ideas

I am tired of doing the same old thing for breakfast with the kiddos. What are some of the things you all eat? I am excited about learning some new things. Or any websites that you have found to be good and healthy.

I am up for more than breakfast as well but just whatever you have would be great! Hope you are all well!

This year is going well for us. I have been consistently doing P90X for 6 weeks now and I am totally addicted. I have lost inches and pounds. I love it so much!! The boys are doing great and growing older by the minute! I am so blessed to have an incredible marriage and awesome sons. I love my life!

2 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

hey girl!

i struggle with meals too. i try to fix a variety of things for breakfast, here are a few that work for us:

Nutri-grain cereal bars (or kroger brand) with fruit and/or yogurt

frozen waffles. i buy the kroger brand, either the blueberry or cinnamon flavor. but i'm about to switch to the Kashi brand b/c they are healthier.

whole wheat pancakes. i buy the hungry jack brand. i serve this with fruit.

toast with scrambled eggs and bacon. i use cage free organic eggs & turkey bacon.

sausage & cream cheese casserole. this is amazing. brown 1 lb of sausage & drain. use 1 block of cream cheese (or the neufchatel, its healthier) & melt in the skillet. mix the melted cream cheese with the cooked sausage. in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, roll out a tube of crescent rolls & line the bottom of the pan. then spread out the sausage cream cheese mixture, evenly, across the crescent rolls. then top with another layer of raw crescent rolls. bake according to the temp & time on the crescent rolls tube. then cut into squares. it is SO very yummy!

oatmeal with fruit.

hope this helps!

Jennifer said...

I know this may take getting used to but if you are trying to stay fit, I do french toast made with egg beaters with turkey bacon. I put a little dash more in my mix for the french toast just to give it extra flavor but it is so good, its filling and won't blow your diet in one meal. I also use sugar-free syrup. Thats the part that was hardest to get used too but now I can't tell much of a difference.
We like doing breakfast quiche with egg beaters too. My fav. is with spinach and mushroom with some turkey sausage added to it!
Off topic, but thank you for always leaving such an encouraging comment for my blogs. You are such a sweet person:)