Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sick Little Man

As I sit here typing our little man, Colton, has a 103 fever. He woke up fine this morning and then some friends came to play and he came downstairs and cuddled up in my lap. FYI, Colton just doesn't do that. Cooper is my cuddle bug. So I thought that was kind of strange but I just enjoyed having him with me. Then Stephanie said, watch him have like a 104 temp. I said that would be terrible since Caden is still on his antibiotics. So we keep chatting and then she went upstairs to check on the other 4 kids and I decided to take his temp. And of course it was a 101.8. She quickly began to pack up her kiddos and get out of my house as soon as possible! Hahaha! We tend to share sickness between our 6 kids and soon to be 7 all together! Neways, we just have one car these days which can be very annoying on days like today. I had run out of any childrens motrin or tylenol so I had to call Jon to see if he could come home at lunch and bring us some. He said fine and he would be there in like 30 min. so when he got to the house I checked him again because he felt even warmer. It was now 103.6! So I called the nurse line and they were able to get me an appt fairly quickly. So we all hop in the car to drive to Collierville which is about an hour from our house! They said his ears were great but that his throat had ulcers on it and it was red. They did a strep test that came back positive but she said he had Hand, Foot, and Mouth as well! Really?!?!? So she gave us medicine and told us to keep him AWAY from baby! Yeah right! He loves his little brother so much and gives him kisses every night before he goes to bed. We'll see how that goes tonight! He looks so miserable and I feel so sorry for him b/c there is nothing else I can do but pray the other 2 don't get it and that he is feeling better quickly! So now I have 2 out of 3 on antibiotics! Please Lord let them all get better soon! 

1 comment:

Stephanie Perdue said...

Your new post should be sick little momma! I hope you are better soon. I am sure that we will switch places in a few months. All of the Perdues will be sick. THinking about you!