Thursday, June 24, 2010

Delivery Story

We were going to be induced Monday June 21st at 5am with Caden. Sunday night I was having contractions but that wasn't anything unusual because I had been having braxton hicks for a loong time now so I didn't think anything of them. We finally went to bed about 11:30 and my alarm was set for 3:20am and I tried to go to sleep but the contractions would not go away and I just thought it had to do with having a baby soon the next day. I finally got out of bed about 2 after just laying there forever because my contractions were getting worse. I got in the shower and woke Jon up about 3:30 and said I am having contractions and they are pretty regular. He said, well good when we get there maybe you have made more progress so the induction won't take as long. By the time I dried my hair I was dying with the contractions. I was ready to leave immediately but we got everything in the car and left about 4:10. The whole way there my contractions were 4 min. apart on the dot and when we pulled in the parking lot my water broke! I got out of the car and walked into the hospital peeing on myself it felt like. We got to the window in the middle of a contraction and I told the lady that I was here to be induced at 5 but my water just broke in the parking lot and my contractions are 4 min. apart. She said, Awesome! I just looked at her and said, ummm can I have a room please. She says, just go take a seat in the waiting room and we will get you a room shortly. About that time another contraction hits and more water begins leaking and I just looked at her. She asked, would you like a wheelchair? Umm...yes please. They get me into a room and ask all the abusive questions without Jon and I kept asking for pain medicine b/c I was not about to have a baby with no drugs! She kept putting it off and the contractions were getting harder and closer together. By the time I got my epidural I was 8 cent. having contractions about every minute to minute 1/2. Someone shoot me! I thought I was gonna die! 15 min after I got the epidural I was 9 1/2 and began pushing! Hello! Thank you Lord for a fast working epidural. After 15 min. of pushing my precious baby boy was born at 7:33am, about the time my doctor was to come break my water :) He was a big baby, 9lbs 8oz and 20 3/4 inches long! What a cutie he is! I am so in love and he just melts my heart with his gassy smiles! Here is a pic of my little man after his first bath! What a handsome guy!

2 comments:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

oh my goodness! I'm so glad you got the meds too! I was 8 cent when I got my epidural too and I was dying!! (I felt like anyway :) )

So glad you and Caden are doing well! Kepp us posted on how it is with 3!

Ben and Audrey said...

you are a trooper!!! i'm SO glad you got the epidural! i just don't know how people do it naturally!!! Caden is beautiful!!! get some rest!