Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Precious Colton

It has been quite interesting around our house the past 5 days. Saturday we took Colton to the doctor b/c of a rash and fever and found out that he had strep throat. We had no clue. So we chose the shot in case Caden was born so we wouldn't have to worry about remembering his antibiotics. So he was all better and we have had a great Monday and Tuesday. Today was going great, after baths before heading to dinner with my brother Colton fell off his bed. He is our tough guy, normally he cries a little then moves on. Well today he kept crying and saying, hurt, hurt. Then he would move his arm and scream ouch! So Jon was thankfully already on his way home so when he got home I told him we prob needed to head to the hospital to get him checked out. The joys of living out in the country... we got to drive an hour in 5:00 traffic to the hospital. We got there and the waiting room was packed! I was dreading how long it would take and with him in all this pain it wasn't going to be pretty. After we talked to the guy at the desk he gave me a Fast Track card and told me to go down the hall to the other window. Within 5 min. we were back in a room! Amazing! Things went pretty fast and they did an xray of his shoulder and collar bone. Sure enough he broke his collar bone. He must have fell in a real akward way. So they said that is the best bone to break b/c it will heal itself and the pain should go away in a few days. They put him in a sling and then wrapped him w/ an ace bandage. He absolutely hates it and then throws his arms up but then realizes that wasn't very smart and hurts really bad. He cannot run, climb, or play for a few days so please pray for me as I am about to pop that I can deal with him in the best way for both of us. We go back Monday for another xray to see how things are progressing! I am praying they give us a green light. We just pray that nothing else crazy will happen in these next 11 days before Caden arrives. Hopefully Colton will be ok by then! I am gonna try and sleep after all this craziness! Praying tomorrow is a good day!

No comments: